Katie Knits

Kate geeks out about yarn, knitting, spinning, and other crafts.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

short n sweet and thrifty knitter tank

Sorry for the excessive pics. I'm excited. I really like these two. Made in brown sheep's cotton fleece, color plum patina, and a little bit of putty. This is the first time I've used cotton fleece and I love it. It's a great yarn.






The tank is a bit see through. I'm trying to figure out a way to sew in a lining or something. We'll see. I might crochet along the sides of the straps too, to make them wider so bra strap hiding is easier.

I am brand new to crochet so the bolero was quite a challenge and I am ridiculously proud of how it turned out.

Oh yeah the tank pattern is free and can be found here.

4 Comments:

Blogger Brook said...

I love te tank and the little cover up. Most of I love the hair though. Looks great.

June 19, 2006 3:00 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

That set is so cute! I have the Happy Hooker book but haven't tried anything from it yet. You've inspired me to get to crocheting.

p.s. Thanks for visiting my blog!

June 20, 2006 8:57 AM  
Blogger Carla said...

The tank and the bolero look gorgeous! Well done!

September 13, 2006 4:39 PM  
Blogger Bosorka said...

Very pretty twin set! Could you point me toward the pattern for the bolero? Thank you.

September 17, 2015 8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home