Katie Knits

Kate geeks out about yarn, knitting, spinning, and other crafts.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

I'm a Pinup Queen

I finished the pinup queen sweater from Stitch 'n Bitch. I'm not completely happy with it, but I am glad that it is done. Please excuse the weird face. I was beginning to think the self timer wasn't working when, snap, it takes the picture. I look really pissed off or something. Not so. I just didn't expect the picture right then.






I think it makes me look chubbier than I really am. Maybe it'll look better with a nice pair of jeans rather than my pajama pants. I also have a cute lace camisole on the way to wear under it. This is a sexy sweater pattern, but I didn't think it would be quite so sexy. The v neck is a little deeper than I expected. I am really pleased with my dye job on my hair though. I seem to like it better the more unnatural a shade of red it is.

3 Comments:

Blogger ZantiMissKnit said...

I think it looks nice, and the color is great on you. I have some yarn in my stash put aside for this.

I LOVE your hair color! That unnatural red looks great on you! Makes me want to go back to my old reds! (One of the colors was called "Drop Dead Red"!)

March 29, 2006 3:28 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Thanks girls. I like it much better now. A decent bra and cute jeans made a wold of difference. It's still a little bigger of a neckline than I wanted, and the fabric is a little bulkier that I expected, but that's what happens when you knit with something from the stash that's not AT ALL like what the pattern calls for.

April 01, 2006 7:43 AM  
Blogger Bron said...

Hey I love this!
I have just bought the snb book, and this wasn't on my list of things to knit but now I've seen yours I think I've changed my mind!
Great job =)

April 18, 2006 5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home